The SCOOP Foundation are searching for a legal professional with previous charity board experience to join us as Chair of the Board.
Who are SCOOP?
Founded by Irish brothers Andy & Calvin Sweeney in 2009, SCOOP are a small Irish charity with a big plan to train and education displaced and impoverished children worldwide, using donated laptops to teach English, basic tech skills, all the way up to advanced IT skills, in the hope of giving them the tools they need to transcend borders or the poverty they have been born into.
Our positive fundraising model revolves mostly around our events and community building campaigns, and we are perhaps best known for our Syrias Vibes campaign, our annual Art Auction, and our SCOOP Crew Donor Community.
As Chair you will:
- Sit on and lead the board of directors
- Work closely with the Board Secretary & Treasurer, plus our CEO / Founders
- Create meeting agendas and chair Board meetings
- Assist with the annual audit
- Assist an innovative growing organisation in achieving continued and greater success
- Work with Board Secretary to steer the legal integrity of the organisation
- Work with Board Treasurer ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained; liaise with the CRO (Companies Registration Office) and the CRA (Charity Regulatory Autority) to ensure filings are in time etc
- Overseeing and approving the overall SCOOP Business Plan
To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Andy at the email below.